iEvoBio is a forum bringing together biologists working in evolution, systematics, and biodiversity, with software developers, and mathematicians. The goal of iEvoBio is both to catalyse the development of new tools, and to increase awareness of the possibilities offered by existing technologies (ranging from standards and reusable toolkits to mega-scale data analysis to rich visualization).
- 2010 iEvoBio Conference (Portland, OR)
- 2011 iEvoBio Conference (Norman, OK)
- 2012 iEvoBio Conference (Ottawa, ON)
- 2013 iEvoBio Conference (Snowbird, UT)
- 2014 iEvoBio Conference (Raleigh, NC), and
2015 Joint SSB/iEvoBio Meeting (Ann Arbor, MI)
iEvoBio is inspired by a similarly scoped conference for the domain of genome informatics, the Bioinformatics Open Source Conference (BOSC). BOSC has been running annually since 2000 in association with the premier annual computational biology conference (ISMB), and continues to be highly successful in its mission.